This blog was created to provide people in the local area to list horses that need homes. If you have a horse that you would like added to the list, please email me at Jamie_042364@yahoo.com with the basic details of the horse including a good photograph is possible.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet Boy

Hi All

This email is from one of my boarders. This is a horse she used to own. The current owner needs to find him a new home (long story short, daughter lost interest). She is willing to give the horse away to a good home. Please pass along to anyone who might be or might know someone who might be interested. Or, if you're interested contact me or Melissa at the Samoyed13@aol.com address.

Thank You!


When I got Sweet Boy he had previously been started by a young woman who had used him at the Clark County Fair for the sheriff patrol and as a lead line pony at a kids camp and on trail ride competitions. After a year of that, she returned him to his owners who let him stand around for a year until she convinced them to sell him. She gave him a tuneup and I bought him. He turned out to be too green for me but he is really a nice tempered horse and does have some training. He is just rusty.

For a while I leased him to a 4H'er in Washington and she wanted to buy him but was going out on her own and couldn't afford to own a horse. She took him to several shows. This is them.

I always rode him western which he does better than English. Has a very nice jog trot.

After that lease, he went to stay with my friend Kathy while we put him up for sale and she worked with him. He was very rideable when we sold him to the woman that is currently looking for a home for him. But after just a couple of months he ended up basically turned out to pasture again.

Here are some more pics of him. These were taken when I bought him as a 4 year old. He is now 7 or 8. I think 8.





1 comment:

Lisa said...

i would love to give him a home with my family.
please email me balser_l@hotmail.com
Thanks, Lisa